Tuesday, December 31, 2013

No-Bake Brownies with Medjool Dates

Let me start with this...as soon as the first taste hit my tongue, I went bonkers! I know I have a winner when I belt out joyous words alone in the kitchen! :) My inspiration (the recipe is almost identical to theirs) is found over at A Couple Cooks. Also, take a look at their original source, My New Roots.

Ingredient List
     1 cup walnuts
     1/2 cup raw almonds
     1/2 cup cocoa powder (I used Moonstruck)
     ~13 Medjool dates
     1/2 tsp cinnamon (I used Penzeys Spices)
     pinch of salt

Grind the walnuts and raw almonds in the food processor. Add the cocoa powder, cinnamon, and salt. Pulse once or twice. Add the dates last, one at a time with the processor on. After all the dates are in, keep the processor going until a ball begins to form. Transfer the mixture onto a non-stick surface and form as desired. I used a glass dish lined with non-stick foil and pressed down to my desired thickness, 1/2 inch. Refrigerate.

Sonja and Alex over at A Couple Cooks have a lot of recipes right up my alley. Two more of their creations are on the menu for this week: Smoky Mac and Cheese with Squash and Spinach served alongside baked salmon tonight. Tomorrow's meal will be inspired by the Sweet Potato and Black Bean Enchiladas recipe.

Hope everyone has a fun New Year's Eve! NYE of '99 was the first night Jon and I met. :)

1 comment:

  1. Looks delicious and seems pretty easy to make, will give it a try. Thanks

    ReplyDelete

Web Statistics