Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Moving to Oregon!!

A great career opportunity arose for Jon in the Portland area, and it did not take long for us to say "yes". The last month has been surreal as we plan, pack, and say our goodbyes. Jon and I have both been here since we were twelve. Our immediate families are here. I was fortunate to have taught at a great school since 2005. Plus, I had an amazing group of students this year that I will miss so much! I would have probably ended the year thinking, "This was the best group ever!" My mom insists we will hate it up there. "It rains all the time. You will never see the sun." Despite the criticisms to get us to stay, I am pretty confident that this is a change we will absolutely love.

So, the blogging hiatus continues!

9 comments:

  1. Michelle, I'm so excited for you and Jon!! I'm bummed that y'all had just finished your kitchen reno and haven't really had time to enjoy it =/ I don't know much about Oregon except that there is no sales tax. Woohoo to future shopping excursions ;) Best of luck with the move!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful news and congratulations! If it rains a lot, maybe you'll bring back your blonde hair to counteract the rain. Good luck with the move and congrats again. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Goodluck with your move, Michelle! Hope to see great posts on future Portland finds/shopping :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very exciting! Best of luck with the move and settling in!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. how exciting! I've always wanted to visit Oregon. I know its a beautiful place! Have fun packing and moving.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow can't wait to see how the transition goes...did you find a teaching job in oregon?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats Michelle! I hope the move goes smoothly!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you to everyone! Week two of adjusting now. Unpacking still, exploring areas to purchase a home, and interviewing cat sitters for when we go out of town. As far as teaching goes, I am going to look into a teaching/subbing license. Traffic here is a pain, so I want to teach where I live. I do not want a permanent position until we buy a home.

      Cee - I know...sucks that we put so much effort into our home this summer and did not have the time in it we expected. :/ We will end up with a new home to update, though. :)

      Delete

Web Statistics