Wednesday, July 24, 2013

J. Crew Sale & Social Responsibility

I re-visited an old favorite to fulfill some back to school wants. As you have probably already heard, J. Crew is having a 40% off final sale + free shipping deal today. Use code STYLE40.

Does J. Crew align with my new shopping habits? They seem to be making an effort to avoid unfair labor practices (check out their social responsibility info), so unless I learn otherwise, I will continue to be a customer. I hope additional major retailers expose this type of information to their customers. I understand that companies want to make a large profit. However, I have a much greater respect for businesses that accumulate wealth and attempt to decrease their negative impact on society.

So with a $100 gift card courtesy of my mom and dad (a thank you for watching their cats while out of town...they have 4), here is what I picked up for myself:

collarless shirt in thistle print, t-shirt dress in oversize paisley, keeper chambray shirt



Interestingly the keeper chambray (see my review here) was on sale last night, but is back to full price today. Also, it was not marked final sale on my receipt.

A note regarding the sizing of the thistle print top...with the help of reviews from J. Crew Aficionada and Gigi (here and here), I decided on a size 0. The overall consensus was to size up.

2 comments:

  1. how nice of your parents to give you a J.Crew giftcard! 4 cats is a handful.

    and i'm glad to hear J.Crew is being more socially responsible when it comes to manufacturing their clothes. it does make me feel better about their merchandise.

    and i can't wait to see how everything works out for you!

    cute & little

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was seriously thinking about getting the t-shirt dress but backed out at the end. I remember Jean tried one of those t-shirt dresses and she said the material was thin. It's an awesome deal but I certainly don't need it. Still thinking tho =)

    ReplyDelete

Web Statistics