Wednesday, July 31, 2013

J. Crew Reviews: Thistle Print Top, T-Shirt Dress, Keeper Chambray

Items tend to pop back up on J. Crew's site, so I figured I would post a few pictures of the items from my most recent sale order. The measurements provided are before washing.

thistle print top, navy, 0 (more colors here)

Measurements: 23.25" front length, 24" sleeve length, 14" shoulder to shoulder, 17.5" bust, 19" bottom width
Labeled navy, but it appears black. Thanks to Gigi (here and here) and other JCA's for their helpful reviews, which suggested sizing up. The image at left shows a little bit of tugging at the bust. A camisole will help solve this problem.


t-shirt dress in oversize paisley, xxs

Measurements: 33.5" front length, 14" shoulder to shoulder, 19" bust
Like Sydney stated in a previous comment, the material of this dress is thin. This dress does not work as is, requiring some adjustments. I made it shorter and shaplier by belting it for a casual look (original inspiration goes to Jean). To make it work appropriate, my solution is layering with a skirt. Close up images of the fabric can be found here: 1, 2, 3. See this same dress on Jean in the seahorse print.


keeper chambray shirt, 00

Measurements: 23.25" front length, 23.5" sleeve length, 14.25" shoulder to shoulder, 17" bust, 18" bottom width
The above images are from 2012 when I first tried it on. More pictures from the fitting room can be found here. For a more accurate view of the "afternoon sky" color, click here.


chambray on sale: camp popover, faded popover, selvedge shirt, striped popover

I also see that the toothpick jean that I previously reviewed is marked down.


If you are looking for more reviews, check out the weekly J.Crew Reviews {straight from the JCAs!} over at J. Crew Aficionada. I also suggest visiting Amber and Gigi.



Take 40% off final sale through 8/4 with code STYLE40

6 comments:

  1. thanks for the reviews and the mention! i didn't expect to like the thistle print top until i saw it on you! very cute. i hate final sale, though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem. :) Final sale is frustrating, but I felt a little more bold about my purchase since I had a gift card to use.

      Delete
  2. I love the paisley on you and think the modifications both look great! Who would have thought a dress that didn't work on its own would be so versatile?

    ReplyDelete
  3. the thistle top looks amazing on you! i don't like final sales! :pouts:

    ReplyDelete
  4. If you are teeny & sized up, then we must all be correct on the thistle print sizing info. Thanks for sharing your reviews & the link love is esp appreciated. I like the keeper on you. It's such a good basic :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like where you belted the t-shirt dress - looks really nice on you like that!

    ReplyDelete

Web Statistics