Friday, July 5, 2013

Fourth of July Outfit and Kitchen Remodel

pinkerton dress, lagos chain from this necklace with lagos pendant, ariella puzzle and skull bracelets, havaianas flip flops

Above is what I wore for an evening BBQ over at my sister-in-law's house. Prior to that Jon and I took advantage of his day off by getting deeper into the kitchen prep work for our painting project. The plan is to paint the cabinets white. We have already researched and bought an air compressor, spray gun, and paint. Here is a look at the prep work so far:


It is too hot to paint in our garage, so we are using the front room. Originally we were going to cover the walls with plastic sheets, but our brother-in-law had the idea to create a tent. So last week my husband nailed wood poles to a square wood base to create four posts.


Yesterday my husband removed the cabinets. I had fun labeling the baggies that housed the hardware. :) I also got started removing items from the cupboards.


As you can see, still lots more to be done!

And in the spirit of the Fourth of July, below is a music video that I love sharing with my students when we learn about the Declaration of Independence. It is so well done, it actually gives me the chills. The official site can be found here. You might also enjoy Bad Romance, which I use when we learn about women's suffrage.


7 comments:

  1. hope you had a good fourth and happy belated bday! saw that u went to the melting pot and now I'm wanting to go. lol. love this dress and the way it drapes at the front. 😛

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Make sure you have 2.5-3 hours planned for the event! I love that I leave not feeling stuffed because everything is spaced out so nicely.

      Delete
  2. Such a pretty dress, and I can't wait to see your finished kitchen!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Hope I can share the finished product within the next month or so! And hopefully it looks nice...we are beginners at this. :/

      Delete
  3. Lol, that video is hilarious! Can't wait to see the new kitchen renovations :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a cute dress! Glad to have found your blog!
    --we need more petite blogs!

    Colour Me Classic

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looking at the pictures, it's definitely a busy day for all of you. But of course, it's normal since it's part of the remodeling stage. Anyway, white is a nice choice! I read an article that said that white is the color of new beginnings, and I think it is. Anyway it's been weeks, how's your kitchen now? -->Ryann Hoyer @ YanceyCompany.com

    ReplyDelete

Web Statistics