Monday, June 3, 2013

Marine Layer Women's Active Hoodie

As I continue on my personal challenge to place greater emphasis on where my purchases originate, my final decision to buy can be narrowed down to the word transparency. To me, it means that a company does not hide. Pride is shown in the process and the people. In addition to the recently featured One Mango Tree, Marine Layer is another company that I find refreshingly transparent, and I am glad to support these guys. Here are some company highlights:

- Free shipping and free returns. Thank you, thank you, thank you!!
- Sense of humor. Especially present on the FAQ page
- Their production and manufacturing process is commendable:

"...every step of our production process occurs in California. This minimizes our environmental footprint and supports 3 American factories that have been in business for over 25 years."


Marine Layer Women's Active Hoodie, size xs in navy.

Approximate measurements: 22" length from mid-shoulder to bottom, 16" width at mid-point and bottom, 24.5" sleeve length from shoulder seam


The interior of the pockets has a color (very slight) and texture variation. An unexpected bonus...thumb holes!!

Besides the comfy hoodie, I would also recommend checking out their Slub V tee (seen on me in xs here), which has been the most reached for item in my closet since purchasing in September.

9 comments:

  1. I like your purchasing strategy, way to go! And cute hoodie in the process!

    Aesthetic Lounge

    ReplyDelete
  2. how does the hoodie seem like its holding up? thats really refreshing to have that transparency from companies. that's awesome that you made time to look into this

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has been way too warm here to sport it, so not sure on the longevity of it. I probably will not know for sure until the fall/winter. It will be going up to Washington with me a couple times this summer...perfect color to wear with my Mariners gear. :)

      Delete
  3. That tag is so cute. It's so great you are digging deep into the company's philosophy before becoming their consumer. Good for you, Michelle. =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Michelle,
    I wonder if you know anything about this company's lifetime warranty policy?
    I tried to find out more, with no luck.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! I contacted the company at the (415) 926-5474 number and spoke with Lucy. What I got from the conversation was that if you are dissatisfied with your product for any reason, you can return it. They will take items that are even a year old, but it sounds like the "lifetime" line is something they are veering away from. She made a comment that customers have brought in items that they (the customer) washed incorrectly and did not like that the product shrunk. Seems very nice, considering that is a customer error. Overall, this company seems so accommodating and the employees I have spoke with have been genuinely friendly and helpful.

      Delete
  5. I love that they even discuss the production of their fabric! I started looking at bolts of fabric and most said something to the effect of fabric imported (doesn't specify where), printed in the US. Kudos to you for doing this research! If you find a line that does more workwear type garb, please do share.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am on the hunt for that ,too. Will keep everyone posted! :)

      Delete
  6. The hoodie does look comfy! I'm enjoying reading their website now, hehe, love their humor!

    ReplyDelete

Web Statistics