Thursday, June 27, 2013

Ethos Paris Dress Review & Summer Style Link Up

ethos paris dress, neuaura sandals, one mango tree hobo (review), acai bracelet mixed with other beaded bracelets, avon necklace

This Ethos Paris dress offered at the Nancy's Gone Green shop checks off another item on my summer shopping list. The light weight fabric and the breathable armholes passes my "Can I wear it in 100+ Vegas heat?" test. The weather, by the way, is exceptionally warm for June right now. It is expected to be around 117° this weekend!

At first glance this dress appears too long, but there is an easy shortening trick. Pull some of the fabric above a belt or tie waist, which shortens the length by several inches. Original credit for this idea is thanks to Jean.

My approximate measurements of the xs: length of back measures 37 inches, 17 inches just below arm holes. Included is a detached 130 inch tie waist belt.

Chooch was overjoyed to find the shipping box with plastic inside. :)

If you missed my previous post about Nancy's Gone Green, you can check it out here. Nancy and Mary are offering 15% off your order now through July 31 with code fitting15.

This post is also getting linked to Tara's Summer Style post. She is a fellow teacher who will be hosting linkups this summer on Thursdays.

8 comments:

  1. You look so pretty Michelle! Thank you so much for linking up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the color of this dress. I was in Vegas for a weekend around this time and I was not too fond of the 100+ weather. Your cat is the cutest. My pomeranian does the same thing. =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yes, the weather gets me in a "I don't want to go leave the house" mood during the summer. But I have been getting a lot of lesson planning done, so that is good. Then I have more time to be outside during fall weather. :)

      Delete
  3. Ooh I do this with so many of my dresses. Petite girl's secret to not having to pay money to hem all the time hahaha!

    you look fabulous Michelle and your hair is so shiny here love it!

    What IS with cats and boxes?!? LOL! Baxter is always trying to get into bags and boxes that he obviously cannot fit in...but he manages to surprise me haha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I am trying to get better at styling my hair curly. Lol! about Baxter. Would love to see pictures of him on your blog. :)

      Delete
  4. Michelle! you look so cute in the dress and love the way you styled it with those sandals and printed tote! Such a casual, but super chic outfit.

    ReplyDelete
  5. this dress is so so cute! the sandals are perfect with it. xo

    ReplyDelete

Web Statistics