Monday, May 6, 2013

J. Crew Tartine Purse Review

J. Crew Tartine Purse, vintage navy

Similar in function to the Tillary, the Tartine can be worn crossbody, over the shoulder, or used as a clutch. The last image in this post is the most accurate color representation. Overall, this is a beautiful and easy to pair bag that will get lots of use both day and night.

I would like to highlight two negatives, though. First, I am disappointed in the condition of my bag out of the box. The detachable straps were resting on the bag during the shipping process, resulting in indentations in the leather (see pic below, left image). Also important to note, you can see in that same image below (at right) that the leather must be handled carefully, as scratches seem to show easily.





Use code SUNSHINE for 30% off spring sale items. Ends Fri., 5/10


5 comments:

  1. Thanks for the review, Michelle. I really like the style of this purse. However, I experienced the same thing with the Grand Edie. I bought it a while ago but decided to take it back. The leather scratches so easily. Still a gorgeous bag though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Edie definitely came to mind since so many of the girls have mentioned the scratching. :/ Too bad.

      Delete
  2. what a cute bag!! sucks that it came in such horrible conditions. i expect all my new purchases to come in mint condition and this is definitely unacceptable. i just clicked on the link and see the it comes in 2 other pretty colors too. r u going to exchange for another one?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I initially thought, "no...don't want to deal with the hassle of getting it shipped back." It would be so much easier if there was a J. Crew in town. And here I thought I was being safe purposely ordering an item that I thought I would not have to worry about shipping back. I will see how I feel in a few days.

      Delete
  3. wow, i would be really disappointed in that condition! thanks for the review. gonna pass now, cant deal with leather that doesn't hold up! oh, you have the link on the side, i'm so excited!!! hee hee, i'm not kidding, i'm totally giddy right now

    ReplyDelete

Web Statistics