Sunday, January 27, 2013

Weekend Outfit Featuring Merrell Captiva Launch Boots, Again

CLOTHES: Banana Republic shirt, Levi's jeans (review)
JEWELRY: J. Crew & Banana Republic necklace (on sale), Crewcuts bracelet
ACCESSORIES: GAP belt, Merrell boots (review)

Padre is sporting a boot of his own! Important information for cat owners...a couple weeks ago we had to rush Padre to the emergency vet for a urinary blockage. Left untreated, it can be life-threatening. Male cats are much more likely to develop a blockage. Some of the main causes include lack of water (which is caused by a dry food diet, which we were feeding him) and stress (we were out of town for about a week during the winter break). Thankfully, we caught it early enough. For us, the sign that something was wrong was him licking and growling at his penis. Then, going in and out of the litter box about five times without expelling anything. Each unsuccessful attempt involved yowling and hissing (never heard him hiss before then). Since this took place in the evening, we were advised by our vet to take him to the emergency clinic which offers 24 hour monitoring by a vet. After two nights away, he returned home to lots of love and a new diet plan. All of our cats are being fed Natural Balance wet food in chicken and salmon. I feel so guilty for feeding them dry food all these years.



On the topic of fashion...If you missed my review of the Merrell boots, check it out here. I wanted to share the pic above to show you the detail on the sides and back. And to show Kunu. He may look angry, but he was actually purring. Also, definitely check out a Levi's store and try on these jeans (see my review). If it is not your style, Levi's offers others for under $100. Next time I make it down to the Fashion Show Mall, I might consider buying a duplicate pair.

12 comments:

  1. Poor Padre! Glad he's doing okay after his little ordeal.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I know, I felt so bad for the little man. He was away from home and had no idea why. The vet did suggest to come visit him during his stay. I brought him a blanket that I rubbed all over the other cats to remind of him of home. :)

      Delete
  2. awww i'm so glad padre is okay!!!
    cute outfit and love seeing those boots again.
    hope u had a great weekend, michelle!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He is back to normal now...running around and chasing toy mice. :) Those boots are ridiculously comfortable. I have been wearing them so much.

      Delete
  3. Glad Padre is doing okay! I love that couch. Also very cute outfit

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! He is so happy to be home and seems to love his new food. :)

      Delete
  4. Aw I hope your kitty is doing better! And those boots are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh poor baby! Glad to hear he's doing better. I have 7 cats, I know, crazy cat lady! I had help from the kid and the hubby, I promise... Seriously, thanks for the info as I have one lone male and he's getting up in age. Love you blog BTW, you are so darn cute in your outfits! Keep up the good work, enjoy reading your posts. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love that you have seven! Yeah, my husband is a softie for cats. If you do not already, try to get your cats to drink more water. We attempted a water fountain...they do not really care for it. So we just added more water bowls around different rooms in the house to encourage more frequent drinking.

      Thank you for the kind words. :)

      Delete
  6. i'm so glad to hear padre is doing better. poor kitty. :(

    thank you for this review too - always on the lookout for boots that keep toes warm. and dry! you look great - love the colour of the blouse too!

    xox P

    phiphi's blog

    ReplyDelete
  7. This outfit is so cute! I love your pretty shirt, and your belt and necklace are the perfect accessories.

    http://countrygirlcityfashion.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete

Web Statistics