Thursday, January 24, 2013

Sale Alert: Michael Stars Sheer Jersey Dolman Drape Neck Top

UPDATE The Michael Stars website now lists the graphite color as full price. The sale price of the other colors is up a few dollars to $31.20.

SECOND/THIRD UPDATE I was disappointed to receive a confirmation email for the full price of the top. I can only assume it had to do with the item changing prices just hours after placing my order. I emailed customer service my original receipt price and the problem was quickly solved (thank you to Selena!). I also want to alert everyone that free shipping is now being offered at any price through this Sunday. The frequent "one size" options of Michael Stars may not sound appealing to petites, but there are items that would pair nicely with leggings and boots.

The Michael Stars Sheer Jersey Dolman Drape Neck Top, one of my favorite clothing purchases of the fall/winter season, has been marked down from $78 to $28.80. At that price, I decided to order a duplicate. After taxes, shipping, and a new subscriber sign-up code of 10% off, my total came to $35.27, about half of what I paid originally. I highly recommend this top, that actually fits more like a tunic for me. It pairs nicely with the J. Crew signature leggings (I am wearing a size xxs), and those shorter than me might be able to wear this as a party dress. This is a difficult piece to measure, but the approximate length in back is 28 inches. Width is about 19 inches.

The purpose of the picture set below is to give you a better idea of the fit unbelted, but let me also preface this with the following: It was a windy day. I realize after seeing the pictures that my makeup application could have been much better!



Here is how I styled it back in my November post. This was my most repeated look these last few months.

CLOTHES: Michael Stars top, J. Crew leggings
JEWELRY: Nadri skull necklace, bracelets from Dillard's
ACCESSORIES: Dr. Martens boots, sash from old skirt used as belt, Chanel purse

1 comment:

  1. you look great!! this is such a cool and edgy look - loving the docs too!

    xox P

    phiphi's blog

    ReplyDelete

Web Statistics