Sunday, January 20, 2013

J. Crew Perfect Shirt in Black Watch (Last J. Crew Town Square Purchase)

CLOTHES: J. Crew shirt (tag info), Levi's jeans (review)
JEWELRY: J. Crew necklace, Crewcuts bracelet,
ACCESSORIES: GAP belt, Merrell boots (review)

J. Crew at Town Square is closing tomorrow, so I stopped by this weekend to see what I could find. I only left with this top (an okay price at $25.50 after discounts) and a pair of $8 pajama pants for my husband. I am wearing a size 2, with the expectation of this being a piece to wear with both skinny jeans and leggings. Plus, that was the only size available and I wanted to walk out of there with something to commemorate my last purchase at the store.

Some faults that I noticed from these pictures: I did a poor tuck job. Bunching in the back...probably will be better with leggings. Awaiting a sale so I can order J. Crew's signature leggings in navy. See them on me here in black, size xxs.


17 comments:

  1. The plaid shirt looks good on you! All my button up shirts bunches exactly like that from behind...I'm thinking because of the tapering of the shirt. Aww will miss your jcrew in-store fitting room reviews

    ReplyDelete
  2. RIP Vegas store. The top looks really good on you and $8 jammies can't be beat :).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! So sad to see it go. :( But at least I have you and J. Crew Aficionada to help me with my online purchases. :)

      Delete
  3. I'd say this was a pretty good last purchase, it looks great on you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been on the hunt for that plaid shirt for ages. Small sizes are sold out quickly online and in-stores :( It looks great on you tho. I really like your jeans as well. What size are you wearing?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sydney! They are a 24W x 30L...I updated the post with a link to my review of the jeans. Can be found here: http://thepetitefittingroom.blogspot.com/2012/09/outfit-featuring-levis-modern-rise.html

      Definitely a pair I will consider buying a duplicate of!

      Delete
  5. I just picked up the same shirt yesterday. They gave me my teacher discount on top of 50%off sale. I paid about the same as you. Also picked up a tissue turtleneck for layering. Love this plaid shirt!
    Shy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome! Hope you enjoy it! :) I will miss my savings with the teacher discount...the online prices just won't seem as nice. :/

      Delete
  6. I love this color plaid shirt on you! so sad jcrew is closing! btw, do you have FP in vegas now? i can't remember if i've asked you that already.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Ping! Yes, we have Free People at the Fashion Show Mall. One of these weekends will make it to that mall to check out the FP sale selection. And I have a Nordstrom gift card I would like to spend on some spring/summer clothes. :)

      Delete
  7. Love the shirt! You pull it off very well!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This plaid pattern might just be J.Crew's best seller this season. Love the seasonal colors on you :)

    Do you feel like J.Crew's button-up shirt sizing changed this season? I bought a plaid shirt in 0 (didn't try it on, final sale), expecting it to be a bit loose, but instead it was tighter than I'd like.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bummer about your shirt. I do not have a lot of experience with their button-ups, but it may have. The sleeves of the size 2 fit me perfectly...in length and the overall look. And I have just enough give in the shirt to move around. Wonder what a 00 would have been like!

      Delete
  9. If you don't want it to bunch up you can have darts sewn down the sides under the arm,. And you look good in it too.

    ReplyDelete

Web Statistics