Friday, January 25, 2013

Fitting Room: J. Crew Jules Dress in Scroll Print

I am a new fan of the J. Crew Jules dress. My first encounter was the fanfare pattern that happened to be a great bargain for under $36. On my last visit to the J. Crew store at Town Square, I tried the Jules Dress in Scroll Print in 00. I was hoping to wait for a sale price online, but the item is already sold out.

The dress is lined, with the exception of the sleeves. There is some dimpling of fabric on the sides of the bust. Also, I was not completely convinced that the yellow was flattering on me. The Jules Dress in Snowcat would be a better option for color-phobes like me, but again, it is sold out online. According to Shopsense, the sale price is $99.99. It would be great to see that pop back up during the current sale code of GET40.

7 comments:

  1. I love the print, I've been thinking about trying this on as well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You could definitely pull off all the color. :)

      Delete
  2. Wow, that is a bargain price! But I'm not too sure about this bright yellow hue on your skin tone either. My rule of thumb is when a color is not flattering, wear it as a skirt/bottom. So if you bought this dress , I think it would look great as a under layering piece... like with a black cardigan, olive cargo jacket, or a blue denim jacket...something to tone down the yellow a bit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree...wear it on bottom or get a bright purse to satisfy the craving. Good idea about the layers on top, too.

      Delete
  3. You look great with the bright yellow dress! I am debating if I should wait a little longer as well since the store near me still has some inventory. I have the snowcat jules dress (here) from last summer. It is such a versatile piece that I've wore it to work, to the bar, and hopefully more occasions to come when the weather gets warmer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It is tough to buy an item like that at full price unless it is total love. The snowcat dress looks great on you. And loving your jacket. :)

      Delete
  4. I love this! The color is very pretty!

    ReplyDelete

Web Statistics