Sunday, September 30, 2012

Outfit Featuring Levi's Modern Rise Slight Curve Skinny Jeans + Saks Beauty Bag

CLOTHES: levi's jeans, marine layer tee
JEWELRY: nadri necklace, burberry watch
ACCESSORIES: tory burch flats, free people belt

I tried out Levi's for the first time this weekend. I ended up preferring the modern rise slight curve skinny jeans in indigo intrigue. I was fortunate to stop by on a day with an in-store promotion of 30% off favorite styles. These came out to be $54.60. For anyone who has more experience with Levi's, any other style recommendations? While there I also fell in love with the Marine Layer tees! No sale there, so I paid the full price of $34.00. I am wearing a size xs.



Measurements  The size I am wearing is a 24W x 30L, but the inseam actually measures 29. That waist is about 26 inches all around. They have a good amount of stretch because the spot that I wear them at measures about 29 inches. My husband noted some bunching around the knees when he was taking these pictures. If you are shorter than me you will probably want to get them hemmed.


I did cave and stopped by Saks to pick up another bottle of the SK-II Facial Treatment Essence (see my review here) during the beauty event. I was treated to two samples of the facial treatment mask and was pleased that I will actually get use out of most of the goodies in the beauty bag. Here is what was in the 17W x 14L bag:

perfumes include:  Annick Goutal, Cartier, Elie Saab, Roberto Cavalli, Tom Ford

for skin, body, and hair:  Fekkai sheer hold hairspray, 1.5 oz., Kiehl's midnight recovery eye, 0.1 fl. oz., Lancome genifique youth-activating concentrate, 0.03 fl. oz., Laura Mercier foundation primer in radiance, 0.5 fl. oz., Molton Brown bath & shower gel, 1 fl. oz., YvesSaintLaurent forever serum

special offers include  $50 off your $250 sunglasses purchase at Saks, one-year subscription to Harper's Bazaar magazine (taking advantage of this one!), free travel bag and normal brush head with a Clarisonic cleansing system or opal system, free Donna Karan hosiery when you buy two.

Two of the special offers are available online, but I will not be using them. Send me an email (minimaestra@hotmail.com) if you would like me to send you either the sunglasses code (expires 10/20) (already claimed) or the Donna Karan hosiery code (expires 10/18). First come, first served, of course.

Hope you are enjoying your weekend! :)

13 comments:

  1. those jeans look amazing on you! i've never tried levis. where did you try them on?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Amber! Thanks! I went to a Levi's store. They had a lot of really cute belts there, too!

      Delete
  2. michelle, those jeans look FANTASTIC on you! love them! i didn't know that levi's carried 24" jeans. i will definitely have to try them next time tim goes into the levi's store. levi's are his favorite brand for jeans.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Ping! Jon tried on some, but not luck. :( Hopefully your Levi's has a lot of options for women's for you to try out!

      Delete
  3. Such great jeans! I havent tried Levi's in forever, I may need to!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And the price is pretty decent...or if you can find them during a sale. :)

      Delete
  4. Michelle, you look AMAZING in these jeans! The front and rear views fit you so well. I didn't notice the bunching around the knees until you pointed them out... but I wonder if it's something you can just straighten and pull. I notice some of my jeans start to sag around the knees after a few wears, presumably from the way I walk/wear boots. I've chalked it up to pants won't ever completely lay straight on our legs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those jeans look good on you. The last Levi's I bought were in juniors & i love it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I was meaning to go to the Lucky store after seeing the jeans you wore, but Levi's was my first stop and I had no desire to try on any more pants!

      Delete
  6. Michelle - I've been enjoying your blog quietly on my morning commutes and the cell phone isn't so great for commenting! I, too wanted to come by and echo how great these Levi's fit on you! They're such a basic maker of jeans that they often get overlooked, but my boyfriend swears by their jeans, and I do like how once you know your cut and wash that you can go back for a consistent product. And oh, one of my bosses actually burst into my cube about the Saks beauty event, exclaiming how cute she thought the free tote actually was : ) I never got to see what it looked like, and do love it from the looks of it here!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The jeans fit perfectly on you and that goody bag is adorable!! Love free samples too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Try Levi style # 311. Purchased a pair for my wife , size 34 " W X L 28 " in Darkest Sky color. Reminded me of my youth 50 years earlier and wore jeans like these; put them on for a "try " and fit me perfectly; back to the internet and purchased my own exact pair for myself.They arrived already for me. We as a couple look like Roy Rogers and Dale Evans (She is wearing my clothes not vice versa ). Females are the cross-dressers not males.Feminine women look great in menswear not un-feminine ones.

    ReplyDelete

Web Statistics