Monday, September 17, 2012

J. Crew Colorblock Check Mini and Tippi Sweater



colorblock check mini, 00
tippi sweater in heather gray, xxs

I hope everyone enjoyed their weekends! My husband and I met up with some friends for drinks at Town Square Mall, so I tailored the night to include a quick stop at J. Crew before the get together. Both items above were a no. I did purchase the perfect shirt in mini-gingham in a blue print. The in-store sale price is $39.99.

colorblock check mini   The houndstooth print is adorable. However, I do not have many items in my closet that I can pair it with. I might consider picking this up on sale for $30 or less. Maybe by then I will have some tops to match.

tippi sweater   I was on my way to the fitting room when I spotted this sweater on a mannequin. I was quickly attracted the the color. Despite being such a basic sweater, I was ready to by this at its current full price because I knew I would wear it nearly every week. But when I did my tag check and saw dry clean only, it was a definite no. Does anyone own a tippi sweater and successfully launder it themselves?

(UPDATE ON 9/18 I added an update to this post about the LOFT ballet flats I recently raved about. Unfortunately, the metallic color is already rubbing off. See the images here).


Hope you have a great week!! :)



8 comments:

  1. That Tippi fits you well! Lovely Basic color !!!

    I never tried yet but I asked Cher (afashiondeliberation.blogspot.com) how she washes Tippi via Twitter and she kindly answered. She washes her Tippi with washing machine (with laundry bag ete)! I'll check her comment again (I took note but cannot find one now) and let you know in detail.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow! Thanks! :) I remember my mom suggesting a laundry bag once. That would be great if it works!

      Delete
  2. Dry clean only pieces are not my favorites either. I completely avoid them when necessary. Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you do find something to pair with that skirt, it is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have quite a few Tippi sweaters and have washed them all in the washing machine (hand wash cycle, laundry bag, cold water, Woolite) and laid flat to dry and they are totally fine. I will warn that they shrink about 1/2 a size after you wash them, though - merino wool tends to do that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Caitlin for the tips/info! I will check out some Woolite next time I am in Target.

      Delete
  5. I love the gingham shirt you linked! Sucks the other 2 didn't work out though. I need flats like the ones you are wearing!

    ReplyDelete

Web Statistics