Sunday, August 19, 2012

LOFT Reviews: Work Pants, Top, and Ballet Flats + $20 Off Pants

ballet flats, marisa ankle pants, stripe 1/2 sleeve tee, zoe straight leg pants


stripe 1/2 sleeve tee, xxsp

I should have gone with an xxs. The length of the petite is too short on me to be worn as a work top. This was returned.

Measurements before wash/dry: 15.5" side length, 18.75" bust, 19.25" width





zoe straight leg pants, oo
metalic flynn ballet flats in pewter, 7

Both of these are keepers. I like that the pants hit just below my ankles because I can pair them with either flats or heels. Extra bonus, they are machine washable. There is another style that looks similar in bi-stretch, but it is dry clean only.

Measurements before wash/dry: 29.75" inseam, 8.25" thigh, 14" waist, 13" leg opening

UPDATE Here are images of the pants when folded under at the seams. This makes them 1.5 inches shorter. A big thank you to the reader who pointed out that the pants looked a little long. When I went back to try them on, I also noticed that there was some extra fabric in the thighs. After a few wears, I will make the decision to take them to a tailor or not.


marisa ankle pants in doubleweave cotton, oo

These were returned. The thigh was too big. The shorter inseam combined with the larger circumference looked odd. If you like this color, the marisa skinny ankle pants might be a better option. See the marisa pants reviewed by Chloe.

Measurements before wash/dry: 26.5" inseam, 9" thigh, 14" waist, 13" leg opening


Current Offer: take $20 off all LOFT full-price pants



Related Content

See more of reviews of LOFT work pants by Ping



18 comments:

  1. michelle, glad one of the pants worked out for you. i got 3 pairs, but i think i am returning all of them!! :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. woman, you are going review crazy!! a pair of machine washable pants? no way... (so sick of dry clean only!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol! Yeah...I am doing a lot of shopping for school now!

      Delete
  3. The Zoe Straight Leg Pants looks good on you. Pants are the one items that I always have a hard time finding a good fit so I avoid buying pants.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have avoided pants, as well! My solution are capris! I have found most of mine from LOFT.

      Delete
  4. The Zoe pants are a little long so it gives the pant legs those dowdy-looking ripples... Maybe you could hem them an inch (and possibly taper them a bit)? I think it'll make the pants look drastically more tailored and refined.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for pointing that out! I can see what you mean now. I updated the post with some pictures. Again, thank you! :)

      Delete
  5. I ordered Zoe Pants too! They look great on you, not on me... I picked cute purple so I wanted to love. Loved 'machine washable' so much though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is a bummer that they did not work out! I feel the same way about those blue pants...I wanted so much for them to work because of the color!

      Delete
  6. it looks great on you! i too like the versatility of a pump or flat! great length

    http://goodsie.com/store/stylebyxu

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like the flats. Are they comfortable? I need flats that I can stand on all day. Thanks in advance.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Mong! I have not gotten the chance to wear them for a long period of time yet. I usually have a problem with my heels getting blisters when I wear flats. I chose to keep these because they seem soft enough where it won't be a problem. They are not super cushy, but shoe inserts could always help that.

      Delete
  8. I love the color of the bright blue pants, too bad about the fit :( The straight-leg pants look perfect on you! The hem tuck gave it a much sleeker look overall and made a big difference.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great blog ;*
    I follow you, can you follow me back? http://fashion-by-anita.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOVE these pants! I love business pants that are skinny or straight. I hate big ol' floppy trouser pants...ugh! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Man this post is making me anxious for LOFT to finally come to Toronto!

    ReplyDelete

Web Statistics