Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Banana Republic 30% Off Online Purchases

linen cotton chambray shirt, fresh apricot or voltage blue

I am on the hunt for work attire now that the new school year is approaching. High on my mental shopping list are easy pairing and breathable tops. The linen cotton chambray shirt seemed like a good option (8 out of 13 reviewers rated this "too small") at a decent price. However, I was hesitant to buy offline because the store sale prices are usually better. So I called my local store to check if they had any in stock, what price, and if there was an in-store promotion. Answers included: "No, $26.99, no." Hearing those answers made me decide to go for the online purchase. I ordered both colors shown above in 00p.

There were no other sale tops that caught my interest, but I will be waiting for the price reduction of these items:

soft wash oxford shirt, striped silk side-button blouse, print silk tie blouse

Use code BRGOLD for 30% off your online purchase until 8/8
Excludes new arrivals

6 comments:

  1. michelle, i been eyeing that print silk tie blouse. it also come in a greyish color too. i need to stop by the store to try on their stuff!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. these are all great picks for the school year. the tie blouse is awesome. xox P

    phiphisblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just picked up that silk tie blouse. I think it's really true to size, the silk is a bit "rough" (not the slippery texture of the jcrew blythe blouses) but it's label says it's hand washable, which says to me it might be a bit sturdier. You can't tell in the pic, but the pattern is one of links and very subtle BR's, so if you're not into logos, this might be a deal breaker

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the info! Now that I know about the "BR" logo on the shirt, I can see it when I zoom in. I will still give it a try in person and see what I think! :)

      Delete
  4. Looking forward to your review on linen shirts. I was curious about it. I got oxford shirt PXS. It seems a bit big on my shoulders... so i'll try PXXS but I liked the overall style. I hoped longer fits since sometimes I feel PXXS is too short for my liking.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree about not liking the shortness on pxxs. I usually have to wear mine with a skirt that sits above my hips. I just checked my email and my shipment will arrive by 8/17...seems like so long!

      Delete

Web Statistics