Monday, July 9, 2012

Sperry Top-Sider 'Bluefish 2-Eye' Boat Shoe



sperry top-sider 'bluefish 2-eye' boat shoe, 6.5 in linen/oat
style #160168   price: $84.95

I felt like I was in need of a new pair of shoes for my upcoming Seattle trip. My criteria for the perfect pair for the occasion was: neutral color, non-white soles, and comfy enough for lots of city walking. With this in mind, the Nordstrom sales associate directed me towards the Sperry's. The Bluefish 2-Eye style (also seen sported by Cee) fulfilled my requirements. "These are sooo perfect!!" was uttered quite a few times. I will let you know if these live up to the hype in my head!






The Fit

I did size down to a 6.5. I am usually a size 7 or 7.5 in shoes (with the exception of a size 6.5 in TOMs). I have already worn these once with no-show socks. It was a quick outing, but I still feel confident that they will serve me well in Seattle and even for a casual work day.



Related Content

Sperry's Authentic Original in size 6.5 also fit well as a comfortable work shoe, but not a good enough candidate for walking long distances.



15 comments:

  1. Cute! I wear my Sperrys with no show socks too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sperry twin! I'm so glad to hear you love your boat shoes and are already thinking of another pair! I think a colorful one would compliment our linen/oat very well :) Please tell your husband to take lots of photos on your trip and let us know how these work out for you! (I wore mine to SF for a week-long trip and I'm so glad I chose to bring these as my one and only pair!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is good to know that they were your only pair in SF! I am bringing a blue pair of TOMs as a back up! But I have a feeling I will be addicted to wearing my Sperry's, and the TOMs won't get much wear! :)

      Delete
  3. I've been keeping on eye on those Sperrys forever and I've been deciding to buy exactly those linen oat colored Sperrys, or a gold colored Sperry, or a gold colored flats. I'm glad you like those shoes. I hope to add these shoes to my closet as well (and maybe the other ones too!).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't wait to see you wear them! I have a pair of navy ones with little plaid panels that are perfect for running after the little ones :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love to get some navy ones!! Glad to hear they are working well for you, too!

      Delete
  5. Those are so cute! I love my TOMS...how are they compared to those?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do love my TOMs...they got me through my last trip to Seattle, which entails walking between 4-5 miles around the city each day. I will post an update on how the Sperry's hold up to city walking! :)

      Delete
  6. I LOVE LOVE LOVE Sperry's! You really made a good choice. They are so PERFECT for walking long distances but still look put together, in a casual way. They look great with pants, shorts, and skirts/dresses too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I saw your navy ones on your blog...I am in love with those now!! Those navy will probably be my next Sperry purchase! :) Now that I know my size, I can actually order offline!

      Delete
  7. These are so cute! I love boat shoes :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love Sperry's! They're so comfy and practically required In the summer here. The Sperry Angelfish is perfect for something dressier. I've been living in my pink ones.

    ReplyDelete

Web Statistics