Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Welcome To My Kitchen!!



I loved watching and learning from my grandma in the kitchen. My favorite dish of hers was gnocchi. I remember the time in high school when my parents actually went out one night and left me alone. I went straight to the kitchen and made my grandma's recipe for gnocchi for the first time because mom was not there to tell me "You're making it wrong!" I still remember the joy I felt when my first attempt turned out well. I still get just as excited when I tackle new recipes. I will be devoting my summer break to trying out several of the tear-out recipes that have been accumulating. I would love share this experience with you on my blog with step-by-step picture recipes.

By the way, the shorts I am wearing are my new favorites by Nike. I picked these up in a size xs at Sport Chalet a few weeks back. I love them so much that I am considering getting them in another color. Expect a review post soon! Also, the Navarre Indoor/Outdoor Rug by Ballard Designs is the perfect kitchen rug! We have had our black runner for over a year. Not only is it easy to clean (vacuum or beat it outside once a week), but it holds up to multiple cats! This piece is currently on a limited discount for only $35. Based off of 131 reviews, it has received 4.5 out of 5 stars.



Miscellaneous Kitchen-Related Pics


I am finally getting all those magazine recipes organized in a binder! I still have more to file away, but I am almost done. This is where many of my recipe inspirations will be coming from.


Giada is my favorite! I am missing her latest book, Weeknights with Giada, but I do have a birthday coming up! :)




Although the cats are not allowed at the food prep area or anywhere near the stovetop, they still like to remain close. We always have to look out for them on the floor.


I choose between my Hawaiian or Weezer radio stations. I have doctored my Weezer station to play mostly Beastie Boys and Weezer.




I love going overboard with wine charms!


I look forward to welcoming you into my kitchen this summer! :)

11 comments:

  1. Hi! I recently started following your blog and look forward to more personal posts like these!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Allison! Thank you for this comment! I always get nervous when I get more personal on this blog...so it is nice to know when someone likes it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd love to see more of these personal posts, Michelle! And gnocchi is amazing. <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love making new things, too! its funny how everyone has their own way of making the same thing. i know my mom totally prefers her own cooking, but she will eat what we cook for her now when we have the family together. she's even asked for a recipe once or twice!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. omg gnocchi always looks so hard to make! that's awesome that you can make it. i like watching giada too! my bf always makes fun of her and the way she put an accent on all Italian words...you know what i mean. heehee. are you watch her on the next food network star?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Too cute! Thanks for sharing Michelle! I love seeing posts like this!

    ReplyDelete
  7. your kitchen looks awesome! i love seeing your adorable cats.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You look so comfy in your own kitchen =) I'd love to read some of your favorite recipes. My favorite channels are the Food Network and HGTV. My Mom is a great cook but unfortunately, I don't have half her talent.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Would love to learn your grandma's gnocchi. I've wanted to try so many years but looked so difficult as Ping says. I love watching Food network including Giada! My cooking is mainly Japanese so looking forward to learn something new from you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a beautiful kitchen Michelle! I'm not much of a cook but maybe I can pick up some easy tips and tricks from you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. My family loves tasting new recipes so I always look forward to trying new simple recipes. We'll be checking out your blog for those for sure…as well as for fashion ones too! Thank you.

    ReplyDelete

Web Statistics