Thursday, June 28, 2012

PFC #17: Candy Colorized



"Take a bowl full of colorful candies (M&Ms, Jolly Ranchers, jelly beans, etc.), close your eyes, and draw 2-3 pieces. Now use those colors (+ a neutral of your choosing) to form the basis for your ensemble.."

Thank you to Sew Petite Gal for hosting this challenge!



CLOTHES: free people dress, banana republic vest
JEWELRY: j. crew necklace & bracelets
ACCESSORIES: h&m belt, tory burch flats, louis vuitton purse


I usually play it safe with neutrals, so I am glad this challenge helped me to pair items in my closet that I never have before. Although the sweater vest makes this too warm for a Vegas summer, I might consider packing this for a trip to Seattle this summer (you may remember that is where I originally found the dress). But I will have to find some different shoes...read my review here and you will know what I mean!



I did not have any candy to choose from, so i used this random color generator to select my colors for me. I did not do a good job at matching the exact green color from the generator, though.

Related Content

PFC #1 hosted by Jean @ Extra Petite
PFC #2 hosted by Kelly @ Alterations Needed
PFC #3 hosted by Sydney @ Petite Little Girl
PFC #4 hosted by Elaine @ Curls and Pearls
PFC #5 hosted by Cynthia @ Shorty Stories
PFC #6 hosted by Jess @ Stylepint
PFC #7 hosted by Jessy @ The Little Dust Princess
PFC #8 hosted by Gracie @ Radiator Sessions
PFC #9 hosted by Elle @ Fast Food & Fast Fashion
PFC #10 hosted by Liz @ Fashion for Teens
PFC #11 hosted by Alli @ Ski Petite
PFC #12 hosted by Khatu @ I Am Khatu
PFC #13 hosted by Annie @ Really Petite
PFC #14 hosted by Couture Coco
PFC #15 hosted by Megan @ Long Live Classy
PFC #16 hosted by Lauren @ Petite on a Penny

28 comments:

  1. You're so creative for using the random color generator. Glad you were able to pair items that you never have before for this challenge. Hope you and Ping had a great time in Vegas =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes!! Lots of fun! I am looking forward to sharing pics soon! :)

      Delete
  2. That random colour generator is so cool! You look fantastic - and what is this you AND Ping went to Vegas together? Ack I feel so outta the loop!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol! Well I live in Vegas, so Ping was in town and we met up. :)

      Delete
  3. Wow, I can't believe I'm having so much fun with the random colour generator. LOL What a great idea, Michelle! I like that little vest.. tres cute. I never realized how big your kitty is!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol!

      Yeah...he is a big man, but with a really wussy meow!!

      Delete
  4. Random color generator? GENIUS! Love the print of your dress!

    ReplyDelete
  5. what?! i love your dress! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a cool tool! Everything is online. Very cute outfit!

    Helen

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the idea of the random color generator! Would have saved my health a little more since eating candy did not reduce my normal cake and cookies intake. Your kitty is so darn cute!! I love your outfit and the kitty in the pic! <3 -I went a little crazy with this challenge, thinking we were to chose 3-4 candies, I chose 4 and added a neutral.

    Please check out my entry and leave me your thoughts on it!

    A Preponderance of Fashion

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's really nice dress and it looks comfortable for a summer trip as well :)
    and I just known there is something like color generator ;p

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the dress :) Great idea with using a color generator :)

    katattack2000.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. loving you hair here! i (kinda) know what you mean about the heat!! it was 99 yesterday. yuck. i've never been to seattle, you'll have to share!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I didn't know there was any such thing as a random color generator lol, good to know! You look adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely dress and what a creative idea to use the random color generator! I don't it matters that the green in your dress is an exact match, it's still a great combo of colors. Have a great weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a beautiful dress! I am in love! :) This is such a cute and summer appropriate outfit! :)

    p.s. saw the picture that Jean tweeted of you and Ping shopping - you two are too cute for words!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your a genius for using the color generator. I need to remember that next time. The vest is great with that cute dress.

    ReplyDelete
  15. how fun with the colour generator!! you look great!! xox P

    phiphisblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Echoing Elle from above, when are you going join Twitter, lady? We're patiently waiting :)

    Love how you picked out the colors from the dress to accessorize with. Major props for using a random color generator - genius!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your dress is really really great on you. Those blue matches you well.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Michelle, beautiful dress!
    Saw the picture of you and Ping too. :) Loving how cute you both are. Join twitter?

    ReplyDelete
  19. LOL random colour generator! If only i knew, I purposely made a trip to Walmart to get candy! I love the blue floral dress, looks great with your skin colour and hair!

    ReplyDelete

Web Statistics