Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Petite Fashion Challenge #16: Summer Wedding



"Create an outfit for a summer wedding (the dress code is up to you)."
Thank you to Lauren for hosting this challenge!



CLOTHES: ali ro dress
JEWELRY: kate spade necklace
ACCESSORIES: ann taylor heels, coach purse


My first priority in assembling a wedding outfit is comfortable shoes...I love dancing! Next, a feminine dress is a great option. I received this beautiful silk Ali Ro dress for my birthday nearly two years ago. I have been too scared to wear it because of its bright color and my annoyance with anything labeled "dry clean only" (which I am trying to get over). After seeing this in pictures, I will give this dress some much-needed love this summer. :)


Related Content

PFC #1 hosted by Jean @ Extra Petite
PFC #2 hosted by Kelly @ Alterations Needed
PFC #3 hosted by Sydney @ Petite Little Girl
PFC #4 hosted by Elaine @ Curls and Pearls
PFC #5 hosted by Cynthia @ Shorty Stories
PFC #6 hosted by Jess @ Stylepint
PFC #7 hosted by Jessy @ The Little Dust Princess
PFC #8 hosted by Gracie @ Radiator Sessions
PFC #9 hosted by Elle @ Fast Food & Fast Fashion
PFC #10 hosted by Liz @ Fashion for Teens
PFC #11 hosted by Alli @ Ski Petite
PFC #12 hosted by Khatu @ I Am Khatu
PFC #13 hosted by Annie @ Really Petite
PFC #14 hosted by Couture Coco
PFC #15 hosted by Megan @ Long Live Classy

24 comments:

  1. OMG wear that colour more often, it's stunning on you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look so gorgeous in that dress! I agree with Elaine, you should wear more!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Red looks so good on you, Michelle. It's such a vibrant color. I am still sad that I missed out on those fab AT pumps :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. ooohhhh Great color the material looks light too..perfect for outdoor heat!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You always look so stunning in bold colours, Michelle. This red is no exception!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The color is so vibrant and suits you :)

    katattack2000.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. This dress is simply amazing. I love how you contrasted the blue jewelry with it. Totally my style, love it.

    Please tell me your thoughts on my PFC attempts ;)
    A Preponderance of Fashion

    ReplyDelete
  8. That IS a pretty fantastic dress, indeed.

    Thanks for participating in the challenge!

    www.petiteonapenny.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I agree with Elaine - an absolutely beautiful color on you!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. you look gorgeous!!! what a stunning dress! and agreed - you must be able to dance dance!!! :) xox P

    phiphisblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice outfit! I agree, I'm also afraid to wear bright colors like red. But I think you should wear this color more often because it suits you.

    http://diarybykimberly.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the orangey red! So pretty! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I absolutely love this dress! I have been looking for a vibrant red dress for what seems like forever and this shade is perfect!! Good job on this challenge and I agree on the shoes comment! :)

    www.KTRstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love this whole outfit. The dress looks beautiful on you and the necklace is fun!


    http://glamorouspetite.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. I like the entire outfit, especially the shoes.

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is sooo pretty and you are so pretty as well! I could totally see myself wearing this outfit too. The bright red is so flattering especially paired with that necklace that just really highlighted the look!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hehe, I often think about shoes last when I attend weddings. I once wore semi-dressy flip flops (but flip flops nonetheless) to an outdoor ceremony on grass because I didn't want to ruin my heels. I hope the grass was a good camouflage, haha.

    Definitely wear this dress more often. You look hot, Michelle! It's hard to pull off a bright color like this but it looks great against paler skin.

    ReplyDelete
  18. The color of that dress is stunning on you!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thank you for all your kind comments!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow looking hot in red!! And paired really nicely with the necklace too!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Lovely outfit! the color of the dress is perfect for the summer. And I love your shoes too! Love your style. Follow-worthy blog! :)

    Ayumi

    theayumiaspect.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. Such a pretty dress...definitely wear it more often! Great look for a summer wedding!

    ReplyDelete

Web Statistics