Tuesday, May 15, 2012

H&M Rugby-Striped Cotton Dress


CLOTHES: H&M dress
JEWELRY: crewcuts cuff, necklace and stretch bracelets from maui
ACCESSORIES: j. crew belt, american eagle sandals, l.a.m.b. purse


After re-organizing and cleaning our closet, I determined that I wanted more sleeved items for the summer. I also knew I wanted to keep the price low. I immediately thought of H&M. Normally, the crowds and abundance of choices are a deterrent, so rarely do I step foot in this store. But after braving the more-than-crowded grand opening of the The Container Store, H&M seemed like a piece of cake!


Fit of XSmall vs. Small





Approximate Measurements and Garment Details


xsmall on left / small on right; measurements in inches*
  • width at shoulders - 13 / 14.75
  • bust - 14 / 15.25
  • midpoint - 12.5 / 14.5
  • length of sleeve - 4.5 / 5.25
  • sleeve circumference - 10.75 / 11
  • length at center back - 30.5 / 31
  • length at center front - 23.75 / 25.75
  • 95% cotton / 5% elastane; machine washable

*Credit goes to elle.j on the AN forum for suggesting some of these basic measurements. :)





I decided to get both sizes. The size small will work belted for the day time. The xsmall is more suitable for late-night drinks. I also purchased this blouse in two patterns, which I will feature later. If interested in the general fit, here is a pic of the front view and a pic of the side view.

Hope everyone is enjoying their day! :)

13 comments:

  1. is the dress current from H&M? Thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I just picked it up this weekend. There was a full circular rack of them in the front. There were other colors, mostly solids... green, black, brown/tanish. I think I remember seeing another striped one in a neutral color...either gray or brown.

      Delete
  2. Great dress for a great price. The extra small looks great on you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great price! I like the extra small on you more but I agree small looks better during daytime!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great dress. It is so casual chic.. and you can always dress it up for the summer! - xo

    www.loveandcompanyblog.ca

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute dress! I works great on you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nothing beats a good striped item in my book :) Looks great and great price too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You can't go wrong with a striped cotton dress! I love mine from F21 and it's starting to pill from too much wear..lol

    ReplyDelete
  8. I had read your post and liked how you styled it. I just happened to see this in the store and decided to buy it. I think I would have walked right past this otherwise.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for letting me know you got this!! Hope you are getting use out of yours! :)

      Delete
  9. Michelle, just catching up on all your posts and was very curious which one you were going to get out of these two sizes. The XS is nice and fitted on you but I just love the slouchier casual look of the S. I guess the best answer was definitely to get both : ) In the pic comparing the two sizes, I'm surprised what a big difference there is in length, width, and just overall sizing! I know you don't go like to visit H&M all that often so I'm glad you found exactly what you were looking for on this trip. The outfit in the first pic is casual chic perfection : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jean! Lately, I have been reaching more for the slouchy/comfy clothing. So that xs still has the tag on it...maybe I will wear it out for late night drinks! :)

      Delete
  10. Such a cute dress! Kinda crazy how the XS is so much shorter! lol

    ReplyDelete

Web Statistics