Sunday, January 29, 2012

LOFT Textural Stitch 3/4 Sleeve Sweater Jacket


loft textural stitch 3/4 sleeve sweater jacket, xxsp
style #278130   full price: $79.50


Not too long ago, LOFT was my first choice when trying to re-build my work wardrobe. Now that I have accomplished that task, I am not at LOFT as frequently. I do like to stop in occasionally to see if I can score an amazing deal. Sadly, I could not find anything this weekend. I did try on a few new items to share with you, including this sweater jacket, the slubbed linen/cotton sweater, and a colorblock dress that is not yet available online. The latter two items did not fit well in the smallest sizes available. I will prepare reviews soon so you can see my gripes.




I think these buttons look weird because they are too close to my chest. They hit the model much lower, so it does not look as strange on her. If I were to purchase this item,those buttons would be removed! I am kicking myself for not checking to see if that is possible.















Related Content

30% off full-priced styles with code SAVENOW
Free shipping when you spend $125 or more
Enter for a chance to win LOFT forever

16 comments:

  1. Thats a cute jacket in general, but I have to agree though, the buttons do hit at an awkward spot. I like the print though.

    http://myminibag.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. The buttons look weird, I agree. Did you try regular size? Torso could be longer so buttons would be lower. We all know regular size is always bigger than petite size, but if you liked that jacket, isn't it worth a try?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good idea! I mostly grabbed it since my friend had clothes to try on, and I figured many of you might like the item and be curious about the fit. :)

      Delete
  3. I was drawn to this jacket too when I was in LOFT over the weekend...I didn't try it on because I didn't think I could pull it off. Thank you for the review...I hadn't even considered the buttons before you mentioned them...perhaps I should stay away even in the event of a great sale! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This looks like a jacket you could totally pull off!!

      Delete
  4. I like the textures of this jacket but not the style. Speaking of LOFT, I haven’t been in one for ages. Thanks for the review, Michelle. It’s very helpful, as always =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Interesting about the buttons! Is the color block dress you tried the pink and orange one? I saw a picture of it in my LOFT and have been desperately waiting for it to arrive in store or online!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The one I tried on was navy on bottom and the blocks of navy/white on the top half. I did not see the pink and orange one! That sounds like something you could pull off!

      Delete
  6. I already have that sweater jacket on order Michelle!...(should arrive by the end of the week I hope)!! I totally adore the special details of this jacket and think that it will be a very special piece to help add visual interest to otherwise "overly simple" outfits ;) ...Can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I wonder why the buttons are placed so strangely in real life. I do like the pattern / print on you as well as the contrast trim. I would assume the buttons come off pretty easily since they are just decorative?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SS made a good point above about the regular size having buttons placed lower.

      Delete
    2. Thanks for the review, Michelle! Very helpful!

      http://www.fashionablememories.com/

      Delete
  8. michelle, this sweater jacket is adorable on you. it is so weird about the buttons being higher on you! the length also looks shorter on you than it does on the model. weird!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I tried on that sweater jacket at LOFT recently, too! I didn't think the buttons looked weird on me at the time, but maybe I just didn't notice! I really liked the fit on me, but didn't buy it, mainly because it's not really "me"....probably would have gotten it if it were, say, on clearance! Anyway it looks nice on you! I'm sure the buttons could come off.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I was just about to order this online and was googling how the jacket looked in person when I stumbled onto your blog...good thing I did! The length is much shorter than I thought it would be and the buttons at so odd...thanks for the pictures!

    ReplyDelete

Web Statistics