Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Banana Republic Pocket Cowlneck


banana republic pocket cowlneck, xs in dark pewter
style #125043   full price: $45.00


I am still building up my arsenal of casual tees! The pocket cowlneck from Banana Republic is a great option. Unfortunately, I could not find the petite version in-store, but it is available online. After trying this on in regular sizing, I would most likely go for an xsp or xxsp. I would be willing to buy an xs in regular sizing for a sale price of $10 or less.




I love the cowlneck on this. As usual, I am attracted to the grey color.



The seem does not line up perfectly at my shoulder.



The armpit is roomy. There is also lots of excess fabric after doing the front-tuck. Perhaps I just need to do a better job at tucking?



The sleeve length in regular sizing is long, but because of the cuff, it can be pushed above my wrist without falling back over my hand.


Related Content

30% off sale items with code BREXTRA30 (expires today)
There are lots of sizes left in the banana republic leopard shrug I reviewed
See more great casual tees that I found at J. Crew

8 comments:

  1. You like grey too? i like that color, but it looks a bit big on you... i might try on too for that color and relaxed shape only if i could find xs or smaller. i'm a little bigger size than you but even for me xs looks bigger...

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks so comfy but the fit wasn't that great. I haven't found anything at BR that I like lately. Thanks for the review, Michelle. It's very helpful =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the review. The cowlneck is cute. Too bad the fit is so big.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love cowl neck items! I think this is supposed to be relaxed but even taking that into account, it still looks way too big. Hope you find it in petite sizing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. love it!

    http://glamourgirl-bg.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah I would look at getting the petite for sure - probably in xxsp- I am 5'3 and about 105 and typically the xxsp is the best fit. I do hate that the online prices are more than instore though.

    Have you tried any of the new BR arrivals on in store - polka dot skirt, pink trench (will have to buy online for the xxsp), striped zip back tops - they are very very cute. I am waiting for a better sale and I think I may have to pick them up.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Totally cute in unique...hope you are able to come across the petite!

    ReplyDelete

Web Statistics