Thursday, January 26, 2012

Banana Republic Pink Trench


banana republic pink trench, xsp
style #656193   full price: $175.00


I am re-building my basic wardrobe with grey, oatmeal, and blue items, but I am also trying to branch out and try some "fun" colors (I am still so in love with my J. Crew blue grotto pants). This jacket was actually really cute and fit decent. This would be a fun item to have in my closet, especially if a colder climate is in my near future. I will definitely check back at my local Banana to see how low this item will go!







I have very little experience with coats, but the sleeve length felt just a scant short. It made me think that an xxsp would not be good for me. What do you more experienced ladies think about the sleeve length?


The belt is long. I immediately thought that if I were to make this purchase, I would refer back to Jean's post on how to tie a trench belt.



The gold buttons limit the accessory and jewelry pairings.



Shell: 100% cotton / Lining: 54% polyester, 46% rayon / water resistant / dry clean only


Related Content

25% off your entire online purchase with code BRJANUARY (expires Sat., 1/28)
Automatic free shipping when you spend $50 or more
There are lots of sizes left in the banana republic leopard shrug I reviewed
See my review of Banana's pocket cowlneck tee

19 comments:

  1. The trench looks fantastic on you. Pink is really not my color but it's a fun item to have for the upcoming spring. Although, I don't think it's worth paying full price.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm also 5'3" and I have the classic khaki trench in PXS. The sleeve length is perfect for me.

    The belt on most trench style jackets are long. I usually double knot it in front the same way you have it. It's meant to be tied that way. I have read Nina Garcia's books and she says to never belt a trench, just tie it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think the fit is good for you. I like sleeve length on you too, but it is really up to you. I'm not good at dealing with belts, so mine is always belted in back and I don't usually touch it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the pink trench!! It looks great on you!! I need to add some colorful classics to my closet too! Well,I always had the tendency of buying wardrobe staples and classics in neutrals!! but not any more, "I want to break free"!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Accessories are a great way to break free of your neutral rut. Or a pink jacket! :)

      Delete
  5. The pink trench is perfect for spring and looks great on you. Definitely worth buying but only during a good sale.

    ReplyDelete
  6. PInk looks great on you and the trench fits nicely casual on you. Whenever I go to my tailor, she always tells me that coat/jacket sleeves should hit just at the wrist bone near the thumb but above the crook of the thumb. Does that make sense? I'd wait for a sale price.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the review Michelle. I've seen the trench in the ads and it feels very Kate Spade to me! I love the fit on you...I think the sleeve length is fine! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. michelle-- this pink definitely works for you with your cute strawberry blonde hair. it would look terrible on me. i don't mind the sleeves at that length too much since it meant for spring. i definitely would wait for a good sale. i hate buying stuff at BR full price. the next thing you know, it's 50% off and you're kicking yourself. lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! I was there this weekend...so much sale stuff, but nothing that caught my attention. I have a feeling this trench is not going to make it to sale in my size! :/

      Delete
  9. OH Michelle, I hope you can get this at a good price, it looks amazing on you! I love the colour!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love pink on us blondes :) It will look gorgeous on you, hope you snatch it up!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This coat would be so perfect for spring! At a discount price of course ;) I prefer sleeves to be longer on me, so I do agree that it looks just a tad short. But if you're ok with it, I vote yay.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love a pink pop in a trench.....especially for a dreary rainy day ;) I actually like the sleeve length on you but I'm very picky about my sleeve length.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am not petite but I love your style and I love your hair!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!! :)

      And thanks to everyone else for their input on the sleeve length! :)

      Delete
  14. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sorry - typo! I prefer coat sleeves to reach my thumbnail but I think it's because I'm so used to having sleeves be too long on me! I love this pink trench on you - I actually like it much better on you than the model!

    ReplyDelete

Web Statistics