Monday, November 14, 2011

J. Crew Vintage Cotton V-neck Tee


vintage cotton v-neck tee, xxs in navy
style #24500   full price: $29.50

loft jeans / toms classic canvas slip-ons, 6.5 / free people hat
j. crew belt / necklaces: judith jack here and here, christian dior
nadri bracelets / louis vuitton saleya damier azur purse and charm

For awhile I swore off t-shirts as too plain. However, after seeing so many bloggers add interest to a basic tee, I was inspired to try it out for myself. What I came up with was a casual look that received a boost with accessories.



Measurements before washing: 24.5" length (the back, from top to bottom) / 14" width
The material is 100% cotton. I plan on only washing this shirt and hang drying.
UPDATE I have been throwing these tees in the dryer on the gentle setting. Length has changed to 23".



Remember when I said my necklace broke? My brand new replacement came in only four days from the return of the damaged one!



My sister-in-law thoughtfully gifted me this bracelet as a "thank you" for helping with her baby shower. It measures 7" around. My wrists at their smallest point are about 5.25 inches.


What are your favorite petite-friendly tees?


Related Content

Cee styles a hot pink tee with lots of baubles.
Ping styles a J. Crew boatneck tee with a floral scarf.
Wendy styles a white tee with a skull scarf.

11 comments:

  1. You definitely made the tee look interesting! I keep wanting to try on a hat like that but never do...this makes me want to..you look adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @TaraMixandMatch Thanks! :) You should try a hat! This was my first time ever wearing a hat for style and not for the weather! It was fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmm, just wondering. Are the TOMS true to size? I heard they stretch?

    ReplyDelete
  4. @The Little Dust Princess Definitely size down! I am usually a size 7 or 7.5, but had to get a 6.5. The heel never gives me blisters and my toes never feels scrunched. When I tried on the size 7, it kept slipping off my foot.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I heart this casual outfit! I have to say though, the glitter belt sure goes with everything ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. awww, michelle. this outfit is adorable. i love that you styled it with that cute FP hat and those toms. the long necklace is perfect with the casual tee. thanks for the link! :P

    ReplyDelete
  7. i rally want a pair of toms...they look great with jeans and a tee! i never used to wear tees, too, but sometimes you come a cross one that is just right! have a new found love of loose-fitting tees.

    [oomph.]
    What's the next line? Help write the story!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very simple and chic casual look. Love you bag.

    Patience
    Enter my Giveaway to win a $118 Bracelet:
    J-Crew Pave Bracelet Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  9. too cute! i love the furry cat in the back round too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I don't wear tees much but the couple that I do have are from H & M and def not as nice as this one. The bracelet is gorgeous and does it slip off your hand at 7"? I think we have the same size wrists :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks ladies!

    @oomph. The TOMS are great for just casual outings and even the airport! But bring socks in your purse so you are not stepping through security barefoot!

    @Really Petite It just hangs there, but does not fall off. It is not a slip-on bracelet, it actually has a hinge and clasp. Hope that helps! :)

    ReplyDelete

Web Statistics