Thursday, November 3, 2011

Ann Taylor Drape Neck Button Front Blouse



Ann Taylor drape neck button front blouse, op
item #266900   my price: $88.00 $34.99

Gap legging jeans, oop / Free People bralette, xs / nina boots, 7M / J. Crew belt
Necklaces: see below / Louis Vuitton monogram vernis brentwood purse (2006)

Many bloggers have been styling sheer and flowy blouses. One of my all-time favorite looks is Wendy's rendition with yellow shorts. Ping also did a great job sporting hers with black skinnies. After months of searching, I finally found my match! Here is my first go at styling this trend.



The oop blouse at my local AT was damaged with three spots on the shoulder that looked like clear nail polish, so I went with the op instead. It is difficult to measure, but it is about 19" for the width and 24.5" for the length.


I found these booties on the Dillards clearance rack for $32 this past March. They were originally $109! Banana Republic's milan platform peep-toe is similar in style.


This is my first time pairing these necklaces together. The brass disc piece is an old Anthropologie find. My mother-in-law picked out the blue one from a local artisan in Maui.

Any tips on styling a flowy blouse?


Related Content

See my review of the GAP super lightweight back-zip legging jeans
Annie styles this blouse for work
Elle features this blouse here and here
Elaine styles this blouse after receiving it from her Secret Santa
Ying styles this blouse for a formal event
See Jean share the BR Man Men collection izzy classic leopard pump

19 comments:

  1. Love love those shoes! Perfection! And the blouse fits perfectly! I contemplated getting that blouse but the size 0 fit a little big. Again, I didn't know they carried 00p in at stores! My issue with petite sizing is sometimes the sleeves end up being too short, but the sleeves on this blouse fits you perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the blouse - the colour is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the material of the blouse it looks so light, and those leopard wedges <3 <3! you look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. michelle-- i love that blouse and the color. i have the black one, but i love this one more. the shoes are fab and those jeggings fit you beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love the blue on blue michelle! w/that necklace & the booties.

    ReplyDelete
  6. ALL BLUE EVERYTHING! The blue-on-blue looks great with the belt to break them up. It is a very inspiring look for those of us who are little wary of too much color, and a great way to showcase those wedges!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Damn what a great bargain on those shoes! You look amazing Michelle, I love flowy blouses like this, a much better alternative to a stiff button down (those never fit me anyway) :P

    ReplyDelete
  8. Blue is definitely your color. I like how you paired 2 shades of blue together. I've seen this shirt on sale but there wasn't any small sizes left at my local store.

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG gorgeous Michelle...you look stunning! I've been wanting that blouse too, and seeing you in it just put me over the edge...love the shoes you paired it with as well!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you ladies!! Your comments are so sweet! It is nice to "hear" at the end of a work week! :)

    @Leena Good point about the sleeves!

    @Amanda Lol! My husband is the one that suggested I add a belt! :)

    @Elaine A (TOBeautyReviews) Exactly...I love that these flowy ones are more abundant! The standard button downs usually fit me so poorly. :(

    @TaraMixandMatch Aw! Thank you! You would look great in this blue with your blonde hair and gorgeous eyes!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. i love the sheer fabric of this top and the draping is gorgeous! and what cute shoes too!

    cute & little

    ReplyDelete
  12. I absolutely LOVE this top. Lately I've been obsessed with all sorts of flowly blowses and in all honesty I haven't found a way to wear it that isn't amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I LOVE the booties! Wish I could find similar for sucha great price! I think u did an amazing job styling the flowy blouse,,,you dont need our help;)

    Aesthetic Lounge

    ReplyDelete
  14. Michelle - I love your blue + blue with leopard. It's effortlessly chic. The blouse even in a 0P works because it's so drapey.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love that blouse so much! I was never able to find it in my size but I managed to snatch one up for my mother-in-law ;)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Woww this is so gorgeous! I love the blue on blue. This outfit is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love that blouse on you! You look amazing! And those booties are to die for!

    ReplyDelete
  18. LOVE this outfit girl!! Those heels totally pop the long legs from the monochromatic look! #LOVE

    PS you should enter my giveaway for some awesome NYC haircare! http://livingembellished.blogspot.com/2011/11/great-hair-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh my goodness, you look fabulous! I love love love the whole look, especially those Nina shoes! I am so happy I found your blog :)

    ReplyDelete

Web Statistics