Friday, October 28, 2011

Banana Republic Shrunken Cable-Knit Sweater

I had today off so I decided to visit Ann Taylor and Banana Republic. AT was offering 50% off of all sale items and Banana was 40% off the entire store (I was told the promotion lasts until Sunday). I did not make any purchases for myself at Banana, but wanted to share with you the shrunken cable-knit sweater.


shrunken cable-knit sweater, xs in cream
style #858966   full price: $59.50


I thought this sweater looked promising in a regular xs. The short fit is great. I also love the sleeve length. I could feel the slightest bit of roominess in the armpits. Sadly, the waistline creates a little poof.


But then I see this view and it does not look so bad!


Nevermind...this shot clears up all my doubts! It would be annoying having to keep pulling the sweater down all the time. Beware of thick-banded waistlines!


Hope everyone enjoys their weekend! :)

7 comments:

  1. I've been on the hunt for some cute sweaters like this...but with longer sleeves :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love short sleeve sweaters! I agree thick-banded waistlines can be unflattering, especially on sweaters since the fabric is already bulky.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look so cozy in the cream sweater! Is it actually sweater time in Vegas right now?

    ReplyDelete
  4. very cute sweater! i have the same problem with wide waistbands. such a pain!

    cute & little

    ReplyDelete
  5. @PetiteAsianGirl Almost! We are still in the 70s/80s. I really want to start dressing for fall/winter!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like the sweater is made for taller women so it hits right at the waist line. It's funny, I had a few sweaters like this and couldn't figure out why it rides up like this, until I started blogging last year. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've never been a fan of cable knit sweaters or waist bands like that, but I'm super picky when it comes to my sweaters too! 40% off sounds amazing, I wish I'd had time to go by there today (probably a good thing I didn't though ;) Lol

    ReplyDelete

Web Statistics