Sunday, August 7, 2011

H&M Print Blouse Review

By now, most of us have been exposed to this retro (as reader, R.L., describes it!) pattern from H&M on other bloggers. Jean has shared both the dress and top, and we have also gotten to see Annie style the dress. Unable to find the dress in a size two, I tried on the blouse.



Very short fit!


The sleeve cuffs are not as cute as the dress version.


Button-down back, but no gold buttons. The sleeves feature a slight pucker.


I also saw this print on a scarf mixed with another design.


I love this label guide.



As a casual piece, I think this would look cute with a chunky gold necklace, short shorts and heels. However, the fit was too boxy on my frame. Next, I think...could this work for my classroom? Almost. This material felt breathable, but it needs to be longer and a tad more slim. The cropped fit makes it very limiting for a professional environment, leaving a high-waisted bottom as the only option. Since I do not have any workable items for this top, I did not make the purchase.


Please share any links to cute retro-inspired items!


Related Content

Jean's fitting room pics of this same top
Annie and Jean style the dress

19 comments:

  1. michelle-- i think you made the right choice. i don't love the length and the boxy-ness of the top. I agree that this top should be more slim and longer for tucking in. oh well, money saved for u...heehee!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the button detailing on the back but you're right, the length is a bit weird. And I totally shop the same way you do. I always consider if a hemline is too short or a top too low cut or an article of clothing is practical in the classroom (you know with all the board writing).

    Complex Cardigans

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Michelle, too bad the top did not work for you. I saw it too and called my attention because of the detail buttons on the back but did not like the cropped cut either. Instead I bought the shift dress in the navy blue color. h&m is very good at re-stocking items, so you might still able to find the dress in size 2.

    ReplyDelete
  4. lol, the label is funny, never seen so many translation of the word polyester

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love the print of this shirt but have to admit that i like the dress version better. the shirt is just a bit too short to be comfortable to wear to work. i'd be looking down to see if i was showing my belly button all day! :)

    cute & little
    Etta Grace giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  6. *taps finger to chin* I kind of like how boxy it is. It certainly requires a different kind of styling, but I think I could make it work. :P Now I debate a trip to H&M.

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Jenn Hi Jenn! Exactly! If I have to write at the top of the board, I do not want to be dress coded by my students!

    @ClaudHey Claud! I could not find a two in that one either! Good tip...I can check back next time I am there.

    @Cher I can see you pulling it off! You have to take pics with it in the storage room! :p

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think the print is adorable, but I didn't like the cut or length on myself either. Agreed about it not really working for the classroom.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I tried this top on too but it didn't look so good on me =) The print is adorable but the material feels cheap. I'll keep my eyes on the dress for you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. such a cute fabric and print.. it's a shame it wasn't more fitted!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. How disappointing that this didn't have the gold buttons - I really liked that part of the dress. I agree with you on not getting it since it's more of a cropped length.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I tried the top on too and it looked ridic on me. I don't think it looks bad on you but I think you would look adorable in the dress version. I love mine and want the navy too! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  13. I do love the print though.........

    ReplyDelete
  14. It does have great print colors though. If it weren't for the fit, I think it would be very versatile. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. cute!!!


    xoxo from rome
    K:
    http://kcomekarolina.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  16. I think I like the shirt version better than the dress! I like the boxy fit and it suits the 70s print very well. Very cute!

    ReplyDelete

Web Statistics