Monday, August 15, 2011

Free People Scoop Back Knit 2fer Tunic


scoop back knit 2fer tunic
ivory, xs, style#: #20824967
also available champagne combo, grey combo
full price: $118.00


This felt so cozy! The layer beneath is basically a sheer tank dress.


Such comfortable and fitted sleeves! No itchiness.


The back is longer than the front. The bottom layer has subtle stripes.

This would be fun to wear belted with a long necklace, skinny jeans, and boots. My mother-in-law and sister-in-law insisted they liked how it looked on me. But $118? I was not loving the fit enough to pay full price. Too bad, because the fabric felt so nice...like a blanket!

Here is what a 5'3" reviewer (my height) has to say about this piece on freepeople.com:

"as soon as I saw this top I knew I had to get it and it was totally worth it! I got an xs in the champagne color and the color is the same as pictured. I'm 118 pounds 5'3 and on me I could wear this as a dress which I loved. The dress is true to size its form fitting on me but not tight and its just a great piece! The pink champagne color is beautiful and I plan to wear this as a dress and over leggings as well!"

16 comments:

  1. i love this tunic on you and the crochet-like material. i agree that the price is a little steep, but hopefully you can catch it on sale!

    cute & little

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with your MIL and SIL on this one. LOVE it on you and on the model. Perhaps keep an eye out for a future sale? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks totally adorable on you! Totally stalk it for a sale!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This tunic looks super comfy. It would be a great piece to have for the upcoming Fall. Hopefully, it'll go on sale soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the color! Great piece for fall!

    ReplyDelete
  6. oooo I agree that it looks super comfortable but the price tag is a little more hefty than I would be willing to shell out for something like that. But I guess that's what sales are for! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This sweater looks super adorable but $118? I think that is quite steep! Hope it goes on sale and you'll be able to get it for 1/2 price and in your size ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. michelle-- super cute! u know i love all their stuff. it is expensive but i think fp stuff is worth it bc it so unique. lol. i hope it goes on sale too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Uh-oh...someone needs to tell me I look hideous in this...please! Otherwise I might want it! :p That is the one negative about fall/winter items...usually more expensive than the light spring/summer items! :(

    ReplyDelete
  10. I do like it Michelle but I wouldn't pay that price for sure! I'll keep my fingers crossed for you ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. i like it. it looks like something that could easily be a staple in your closet. it sort of goes with everything.

    ReplyDelete
  12. it's truly a gorgeous knit!! but i agree for $118 it should fit you like a glove.. and i'd be scared that i'd get it hooked on something ASAP and it'd be all over hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  13. It is VERY pretty on you and it's so great that it's not itchy! I really hate when they are. Hope you can snag this on sale!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Watch it like a hawk and wait for a sale! :)

    Thanks for swinging by my blog...totally loving your outfits and teacher look! :) Def following!

    ReplyDelete

Web Statistics