Thursday, August 4, 2011

Ann Taylor Color Block Cowl Neck Top




color block cowl neck top
oop pumpkin, style# #266885
my price: $78.00 $59.02

I quickly ran into Ann Taylor yesterday to snap some pics of this top for you ladies. Little did I know I would fall in love. After pining over it all day, I decided to get it with the 30% off deal. For those of you online shoppers, use code "FRIENDS" for 30% off your entire Ann Taylor or LOFT purchase.









The pocket under the chest is different, but not too obtrusive


My favorite part! These buttons appear on the left side only.


Ann Taylor skirt oop, style #261080 currently marked down to $66.99

The fit around the bust is great for smaller-chested women. I was wearing my strapless bra (which flattens me more than my typical bras) in the fitting room, and this shirt still gave me a great shape. The length is also ideal, it can be tucked or left un-tucked with the nice side hems showing. The only drawback is the width of the shoulder. The smallest point measures about one inch, but it does widen very quickly. Nonetheless, I will still have to wear a strapless bra.

Item Details*:
15" width above pocket
16.5" width at bottom hem
22.5" top to bottom (back)
1" smallest point on shoulder
13.5" side seam
100% polyester
machine washable!!
*before wash/dry

Anyone else try this on?


Related Content

Tara's review @ fitreview.com

17 comments:

  1. this top looks perfect on you from the colors to the fit! And those buttons on the side are a nice detail. Darn my shopping ban, even though I can't buy it, I might go to a store just to try it out of curiosity since I'm way small chested, haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. oooh, i love the colors!! i can totally understand why you went back for this shirt. it's lovely!

    cute & little

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooooh, glad this worked for you, it is so cute :) I'll just live vicariously through you whenever you wear it lol I think orange is such a great color for blondes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG, it's so pretty, Michelle! I know Tara has tried it on and the chest are wouldn't work for her. I'm hoping it'll go on sale soon so I can snatch it up. lol. Wondering how the color would work with black hair. It obviously is made for blonde. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I almost got this top during the last sale but sadly passed...now I am kicking myself for not ordering it. It looks fantastic...I am built like a lineman though so maybe it's good I passed. Looks awesome on delicate you though. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. michelle-- that shirt is too cute! i love the coloring blocking aspect and those gold buttons on the side are too cute (my favorite!).

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Olyvia Stay away from it! Because then you will want to buy it!! :p

    @TaraMixandMatch Lol! I love that there is just a bit of orange, because I have a difficult time pulling of one solid color when it is so bright!

    @Vicky If you are unsure about the orange, there is also one with the black above the empire waistline!

    @ElleThanks, Elle! You have a great build! I do not think lineman when I look at you! Lol!

    @Ping I can totally see you in this shirt! It would look so pretty with your lighter ends!

    ReplyDelete
  8. @kileen Anything with bright colors now reminds me of you and Tara!! :p

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think you're the first one with a positive review on this top! The cowl neck is the perfect slouchiness and perfectly proportioned on you -- definitely a great buy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this top on you! The colorblocking is beautiful and the button details are great! I might have to drop by Ann Taylor now LOL

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh Michelle, The top looks perfect on you. The side buttons make it more interesting. Definitely a great buy.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm so glad you did a review on this top....I've been eying it for a while but didn't realize it ran so small around the chest area. (Looks perfect on you)!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think orange looks really good on you, Michelle! The button detail on the shirt is really cute.

    ReplyDelete
  14. @Cee Yes! You are so right...perfect slouchiness!

    @Wendy's Lookbook It is only fair that you go to AT since I ventured to H&M after your yellow shorts post! :p

    @Mix and Match @Callandra
    @The Little Dust Princess Thanks, ladies!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Instead of dealing with a strapless bra when you don't need to, you can always sew yourself some "bra strap holders". Just sew some string/ribbon w/ snaps into the shoulder seam to "hold" your bra straps into the shirt. They come on a lot of higher-end tops & dresses, and are super easy to add to any tops you have that need them.

    Here is a helpful how-to:
    http://frockingaround.blogspot.com/2011/03/diy-how-to-keep-bra-straps-in-place.html

    I like to use very thin grosgrain ribbon, but you can use your material of choice!

    ReplyDelete

Web Statistics