Tuesday, July 19, 2011

BR Silk Ikat Pencil Skirt


Current Items


Banana Republic silk ikat pencil skirt
size o, orange print
also available in blue
style#: 833146
my price: $79.50 $6.29

Nine West mayner heels
mirage spice
my price: $89.00 $35.60


This is my, "This was only $6!!" face!



















Lots of bargains for me this week! You may remember my Ann Taylor heels. We also bought four dining chairs at Pottery Barn that are normally $229 each, for $99 each!! They were floor models, but hardly any scratches...nothing the cats would not do in a few months. :p And a $79 skirt for $6?! Ahh! So nice!

So, the skirt...I would prefer the oo, but for six bucks this is great!! Out of twenty-four reviews, this gets 3/5 stars on Banana's site. Some reviewers suggest ordering one or two sizes up. One stated that this was made for a "bean pole". Many complained that it accentuated their hips too much. Sounds like it was made for small and straight ladies!

The fabric feels great. I keep touching it! :p I also think the length is great...especially since I will be using it for work. The online description states "partially lined". *confused* It has no lining unless you count the pockets?! Lol!

Additional Item Details for Skirt:
~13" elastic band
~18.25 at widest part
~21" length
100% silk
dry clean only


Any recent Banana finds?


Related Content

See how Anh and Sydney style this skirt
Jessy of The Little Dust Princess blogs about how great the Nine West heels are.

14 comments:

  1. I saw this skirt and thought it was so cute! Looks awesome on you, and I LOVE Ikat print. I wish it were lined though....but for 6 bucks, guess you can't complain lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a great deal, michelle! can't beat $6. looks great with those heels which i super love!

    ReplyDelete
  3. awww i just looked at the website, only boring black color left in my size.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Ping :( Do you have a Nine West store near you? That is where I got mine.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the print, Michelle! The website is still selling it at $30ish. Did you get it at the store and it's a different price in store?

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Vicky Hey Vicky! Yes, it was marked down to $13.99 in store, then I got additional discounts. Seems like the stores almost always have lower sale prices!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Omg, I love the skirt on you! I know Sydney tweeted a while back it was $7 for all silk but I knew I wouldn't have such luck finding my size in store. The print with your orange shoes is fabulous! Did you see how Anh of 9to5 chic styled this skirt?

    ReplyDelete
  8. @PetiteAsianGirl Thanks for letting me know that Anh featured this skirt! I missed it...that was during my absence in June! Added her to the related list! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. $6?!? WOW, what a great deal! I'm loving the print too and those shoes go with it perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  10. waaah! $6! how in the world! I need to learn how you shop! The length of the skirt looks perfect for work, and it looks expensive (which it was!) amazing deal!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice tush ; ) I love the heels on you! Which colour did you choose? There are only 3 on the site and mine looks like the cognac leather... but so does yours! But yours looks more orange than mine

    ReplyDelete
  12. oooo major scores! You look fabulous in this skirt! And the orange shoes- LOVE!

    ReplyDelete

Web Statistics