Sunday, May 8, 2011

Nordstrom's Chloe K Tie Front Tee & J. Crew Notched Denim Belt


Featured Items


Chloe K tie front tee
size xs, taupe
also available in blue, white
item#: 349277
current price: $26.00

J. Crew notched denim belt
size s/m (length = 39"), taupe
item#: 39469
current price: $50.00 $19.99

Betsey Johnson black cat multi-row pearl necklace

All other items are not current


















This top has become one of my favorite casual shirts. I love the look of sheer slub. The one and only current review on Nordstrom's site describes this as "exceptionally thin material, almost sheer." The reviewer also goes on to say "It is clingy, unattractive and most women I know would never wear such sheer clothing in public." Clearly that reviewer has a different meaning for "sheer" than I do. You can hardly see through to the black cami that I am wearing underneath. Although this top will most likely not last for many seasons, I am okay with that since it is a trendy item.

I also wore my new J. Crew belt for the first time today. I love that it can be notched anywhere! Would have preferred a smaller size so that I could wear it higher on my waist, but I will settle for a super discounted low waist belt!

Additional Item Details for Top:
~19" width
~16" length from shoulder to bottom
100% rayon


Related Content

J. Crew Herringbone Cargo Dress & Studded Military Belt
Battle of the Belts: Ann Taylor vs. J. Crew @ Really Petite

15 comments:

  1. What a terrific weekend look! I am in love with that belt! And I am usually pretty iffy about sheer items but this item (at least in this color) isn't too bad at all! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so great, and something I would never have come up with on my own! This is a perfect casual look :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. love this look/...so chic and casual!! love the knot detail on it!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lol - did you set that reviewer straight? I love the breezy cropped look on you. I can imagine this shirt will come in handy in Vegas summers. During summers here I wear my breezy slub shirts with just a bikini top underneath - better to sweat in than nice bras lol.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this casual look! You must be on a J. Crew belt roll - they are all soooo cute! You have me wanting the military one :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very casual and put together look. I like the flowy soft feeling of the Tee. It should go well with maxi dress or skirt too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That belt is a GREAT idea for us petites! That reviewer probably had no idea how to wear a shirt like this, I think she should consult you for style tips haha.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks ladies!! :)

    @PetiteAsianGirl Lol! I did write a review, and included the non-headshots above...should be up on Nordstrom website within the next day or so. Interesting idea about the bikini top! Thanks! :p

    @SewPetiteGal I love all my new J. Crew belts...mostly because they were so inexpensive. And during the Vegas summer, clothing should be kept at a minimum...so belts help to add more interest to an outfit...so I have realized this past year thanks to all the petite blogs I follow! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. you look great! breezy, casual, cute. i like how you belted your shorts--not thru the belt loops but casually wrapped around your hips. gotta try that soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. @ShortBlonde That is exactly what I thought when I saw this belt...sizing would not be an issue!

    @Kimchi Girl Thanks!! Well...I am no creative genius..the shorts have no belt loops. :p

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think the top looks great on you. But the reviewer does have a point...not many can pull off this top...but YOU clearly are able to do so. =)

    ReplyDelete
  12. michelle-- what a cute springy outfit! i love it on you. the top is not too sheer at all and the tie/crop look is adorable. the acessories and shorts look great too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, I really like the top! I'm not usually a fan of cropped tops but this one has so much visual interest. Plus you've styled it impeccably and you look so lovely-- reminds me of a stylish Coachella look!

    Hope you're having a lovely week!
    Jen

    p.s. I'm collaborating with Club Monaco to give away a very beautiful pleated midi skirt. Please swing by and have a look if you're interested! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the Betsy Johnson necklace. It really tied your look together! :)

    <3 Irene
    Couture Petite
    Twitter:@CouturePetite

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hahahaa, I think online reviews are the bane of my existence. On one hand, they're super handy and have a huge impact on whether or not I buy something. On the other, I've also found that I love lots of items with bad reviews, which makes me feel all strange and freaky on the inside. WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME? Hee hee hee.

    I love your outfit--so casual, but still so fun to look at. Bravo!

    ReplyDelete

Web Statistics