Monday, February 14, 2011

American Eagle Corset Tube Dress


Featured Items


ae white corset tube dress
size oo
style#: 1396-9521
price: $39.50

ae multicolor chain
style#: 0482-1428
price: $19.50 $9.95

I re-discovered American Eagle last summer. I love that they offer oo and xxs sizes. I have had great experiences with their dresses. I recently received my 40% rewards discount in the mail, and knew I wanted to use it to get ready for the warm weather. I was able to time it just right during an additional 30% off sale items event. This made all my sale items 70% off! Expect more reviews throughout the week...I can only get my husband behind the camera for so long! :p

Unfortunately this dress is already sold out online in both oo and o, but keep an eye out. It is a new item, so it may pop back up due to returns. The necklace was a steal for me with my discount...only $4.18!



More Views














I love, love, love this for a casual spring/summer dress! The pretty dots and scalloped hem are great touches. Another big plus...it fits perfectly in the bust. I was very skeptical that the semi-padded bust would be too obvious, but it worked out well. Even better than I expected...I do not even have to wear a bra with this! An additional plus...it is double lined! One thing is odd, though...the ae description mentions a back sash, and even shows this in an image. Mine did not have this. In fact, I checked twice thinking I was crazy! :p

Additional Item Details:
25" from top to bottom in front
23.5" from top to bottom in back
12" band at waist
100% cotton (perhaps I can shrink it a bit so that it is shorter!)


More reviews throughout ths week...I hope to convert you into American Eagle lovers! :)

22 comments:

  1. Michelle, this dress is so perfect for you! That is so weird, how yours doesn't have the back tie sash as the online picture has. I actually like it without the sash, since it looks fun to accessorize with all sorts of belts, and I'm totally loving it with your brown belt and sandals! Now i'm tempted to check out AE's spring/summerwear. Looking forward to more reviews from ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. michelle-- i love this dress on you. i'm a big fan of white and eyelet material. so springy and summer! i can imagine wearing this dress walking down the beach in 80 degree weather. lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. I liked this dress when I saw it online yesterday, and I like it even more on you! Thanks for the review... this one's definitely staying on my wishlist now. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. SO LOVELY! I love love love love this dress on you! It fits perfectly and is such a beautiful shape! JEALOUS that you got it for a great price. :)

    [p.s. very odd about the back sash, did you email ae about this?

    ReplyDelete
  5. The dress fits so well on you! I too, am a fan of AE because of their extended sizing. Their short inseam is more proportional and fit better than any other inseams I've tried .. i.e Jcrew. I like how the back of the dress is smocked, it insures a very clean fit!
    That necklace is going in my shopping cart! Love the funky colors. =0D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, wow, wow this dress fits you PERFECTLY! Oh how I'm craving summer days seeing you in this dress!

    ReplyDelete
  7. this dress is a perfect fit on you! i'm so impressed with the small bust area and the eyelet details at the hem. i think you are converting me to an AE lover!

    cute and little
    come join the Color Brigade!

    ReplyDelete
  8. i'm so impressed with the fit of the AE dress!! it really is perfect and i love the eyelet details at the hem.

    cute and little
    come join the Color Brigade!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So pretty! I love the dress on you :D I love AE's sizing as well (when it comes to dresses). Their 00 jeans don't fit me as tight as I'd like them though.

    xx The Little Dust Princess

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the shape, polka dot print, & eyelet trimming of this fun summer dress. you're right. the pic does show a bow. so weird.

    This particular belt is perfectly paired with this dress.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This dress is adorable on you! So perfect for spring/summer! I've been wanting a white dress for the warmer weather (LWD as they call it) and might check this one out:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. @olyvia I think I prefer it without the sash...like you say, way more fun to accessorize!! :)

    @Ping It would make a nice Bali dress!! :)

    @Elle I sent a review in for this dress on ae's website. I did not email them, though. Thanks for the suggestion!

    @Banhannas I agree...the smocking is wonderful!

    @fashionforteens Thanks! I saw that the "LWD" was the thing this year in Lucky...perhaps that is why the dress sold out so fast in an array of sizes.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This dress looks so effortlessly pretty on you! I only wish it was getting warmer here so I could start thinking about cute spring/summer dresses! You really seem to have great luck with American Eagle!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oooh! Can't wait to see the rest of your stuff!! Love this dress btw ;)

    ReplyDelete
  15. AE fits you so well, Michelle. I'm a big fan of their tops/shirts, but have yet to try their dresses. I think you've convinced me though :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love this dress on you. It fits you so perfectly. I am a big fan of white summer dresses for summer. Great find! The belt goes perfectly with the dress too.

    ReplyDelete
  17. lol i was thinking the samething. i still haven't booked my plane ticket or hotel room! ahhh, im scared to look. hopefully price is still the same.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh pretty!!! It looks and fits you perfectly!!!

    Is it see-thru at all? I mean, is it lined thick enough where you don't have to wear a bra or do you still?

    I want it! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thanks ladies!

    @Ping Eek! Keeping my fingers crossed for you! :p

    @Really Petite Not see through! Yay! The top has its own subtle padding, so no bra requred.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I really like how you added the belt and necklaces. You really changed the look of it. Are those the caged sandals you decided to keep from your recent purchase?

    ReplyDelete
  21. @Ski Petite Yes, those are the same caged sandals...still hvae not decided what I want to do...will need to decide by this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  22. My goodness, what a great find! I loooove white cotton dresses for spring/summer, and I can't believe you got such a good deal!

    ReplyDelete

Web Statistics