Monday, November 22, 2010

Online Purchase: AE Studded Dress

Likes

I love the studs around the deep v-neck. The straps are not only adjustable, but cute!

Dislikes

The fabric feels slightly stiff. The ae website describes it as "60% Cotton, 40% Polyester Jersey." Us tiny girls need to be careful of empire waistlines! A soft flowy dress is nice, but this one was too flowy for me. My body gets lost in it! The waistline prohibits the usage of a belt...in my opinion it would look strange to have a belt with a seam above. Lastly, I am not liking the hemline...I prefer my non-work dresses finger tip length or shorter.

It is evident that...

this dress may work for girls my size if you disagree with my dislikes. However, I do not see this working for anyone smaller than me. This will be returned along with the brocade dress in size o.

ae studded dress, size xxs
shown in black, also available in navy & grey
style#: 1393-9369
current price: $39.95 $19.95




Additional Views




10 comments:

  1. Yay I'm your first follower! :) The back strap detail is kinda cute, but I don't see this one working for me either. Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woot!! Second follower! :)
    And I agree that this dress us a little too float and just completely drowns a petite frame. Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey love the new site! I'm looking for a new home too... glad you've found yours! :)

    Agree with everyone else regarding the dress. It's cute but it looks a little like a nightgown :( too bad! The details are really nice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @PetiteXXSYay! Yes, I always think of you when an item is too large on me!

    @Erin Great description...nightgown! Exactly!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Following now :) I like your new header! It's always unfortunate when a garment is cute but ill-fitting. At least you got a cute dress in the 00 brocade!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Followed you. Like your reviews. Hope to see more. Happy thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I kind of like it. Though I probably wouldn't wear it without a sweater, it's nice. I like empire waists as long as there's no extra fabric in the tummy section.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like this but would you get a lot of wear out of it? LOL

    It fits you well though!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi, I'm going to explore your new blog after I leave this comment ;) I like this dress and the detail around the neckline is pretty, but it doesn't seem as special as the brocade dress you just bought. Also, I wish the straps were adjustable. You're two inches taller than me and I think the length is perfect on you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the idea of your new blog.

    Sorry unrelated to your post but shall I link to this blog or the other for PFC #4?

    Please email me! curls(dot)pearls(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete

Web Statistics